Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Monday, March 7, 2011

Sure wish I knew that before...

While in Germany, I found the best mustard ever. Another thrower told me about it last fall but I had forgotten until I was browsing at our neighborhood Rewe (German grocery store) in Cologne. It's called Thomy and comes in mittelscharf delikatess-senf, scharfer senf, and other varieties I cannot spell or pronounce correctly. It's packaged in a foil tube, later earning it the nickname "toothpaste mustard" from our friend Les. All kidding aside, the stuff is AMAZING and I packed a handful of tubes in my luggage for friends and family that I knew would appreciate the stuff. Upon arrival at my mom's house in Colorado Springs, I proudly presented the mustard and told of it's awesomeness. Mom tells me that there is a German deli on the West Side that sells brats and other authentic German dishes so we make time to swing by and grab some brats for the grill. The place is pretty small but as I'm looking on the shelves, what do I see? Yep, they carry the same kind of mustard at a deli 7 miles from my mom's house that I brought on a 7,500 mile journey. I was crushed but at least we know a place where we can replenish the supplies...

1 comment:

  1. you added a photo gallery! Hooray! Thomy mustard is fabulous...speaking of which, we should cook brats somewhere soon...

    ReplyDelete