Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome home, self! (early September)

After many hours of flying and just as many hours of waiting in airports, I arrived home in San Diego. Feeling great, I began preparations for the start of my vacation only to discover that my car battery had died completely while I was gone. Waylaid for an extra day, I visited some friends and enjoyed the last little bit of southern California weather I'd see for a few months. The drive to Colorado Springs was fairly uneventful. At around 1250 miles, it's a bit far to try to do in one shot and I aimed to get to Albuquerque by 10 or 11pm, grab a hotel room, and make the rest of the drive in the morning. As luck would have it, I was driving through over the Labor Day weekend and every hotel I stopped at for 80 miles was full. Eventually, I gave up the search and napped in the front seat of my car for a few hours. I timed my drive through southern Colorado perfectly, as I met my dad and our friend Les at a lake for some much needed fishing. Three days earlier I had been in Germany and now I was catching smallmouth bass from the deck of a pontoon boat, tired and jet lagged but so happy to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Add your discus PR to your top five throws, silly! You're the best :).

    ReplyDelete