Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Thursday, August 5, 2010

On to the Next One

I'm leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow morning to throw discus in the Amsterdam Open on the 7th. It's a small meet but I have a few Dutch friends that will be there so it should be a fun time, if nothing else. Training has been going really well lately so I'm looking forward to the next few competitions. After Amsterdam, it looks like the next meet will be in Copenhagen on the 12th. Life in Koln has been pretty steady lately. The weather has been overcast and breezy, which is perfect because our apartment doesn't have air conditioning (just like all of Europe). Kara and I were heading back home from practice yesterday and on a whim, we got off the train halfway home to check out a store we always see from the train. It turned out to be a great idea! The store is called Kaufland and is the biggest grocery store I've seen in Europe. It's even pretty big by US standards. They have everything, including bagels, beef, and american hot dog buns (which have been impossible to find so far)! The problem is, it's about a half hour trip from our apartment but we're planning an expedition for the days after we get back from Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment