Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Thursday, July 15, 2010

Albertville, France

Albertville is probably my favorite place to throw in Europe so far. The little town is nestled in the French Alps and was the site of the 1992 Winter Olympics. The food is good, the hotel is close to the track, and the people are friendly. This was the third year in a row that I've competed there and the people that work the meet recognized me and welcomed me back. I won both the shot and the disc with throws of 19.45m (63' 9") and 58.78m (192' 10")! My winning throw in the discus actually hit the cage and as soon as I heard the cage ringing after I threw, I almost fouled the throw because a caged disc never goes far. I think it was going to be out of sector but the cage somehow redirected the disc without messing up it's flight. I felt ok but all this travel and jet lag was starting to catch up with me. I couldn't sleep the night before due to how hot it was in my room. I spent my morning sweating profusely and moving to another room that wasn't in direct sunlight. I'm leaving the hotel at 4:45 am to catch my next flight to Prague, where I'm competing in both events again in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment