Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Thursday, July 15, 2010

Karlstad, Sweden

After a refreshing 12 hours of much needed sleep followed by a delicious lunch, I arrived at the stadium feeling tired and sore but looking forward to the competition. Last year, I came to this meet and it poured rain all day and we had to throw in a ring that was full to the brim with icy water. This morning and even into the afternoon, a steady drizzle was falling, reminding me of the year before. A few hours before our start time, the rain let up and by the time we finished warming up, the clouds broke and sunshine filled the stadium and dried out the ring. I threw 19.07 on my second throw and was encouraged because it was farther than I threw in the street meet the day before. My best throw was my 5th round throw at 19.59m (64' 3"). I've never thrown in four meets in four days before so I'm happy just to get through everything and avoid injuries. I'm leaving tomorrow for one more meet before I get to take a little time off and recover and get some good training in before a second wave of meets in August. I'm traveling to Tangier, Morocco for a competition on the 18th of July. I've only been to Africa once before so I'm looking forward to going again. Hopefully all the travel goes smooth because it's definitely somewhere I don't want to get stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment