Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tangier Revisited

My earlier post on Tangier was rushed so I'd like to rewind a bit and add a little. I really didn't have any expectations on what Tangier would be like except the little bits I've heard from friends who have been. Overall, I thought it was a nice place. The hotel was classy, had great air-conditioning, and American TV shows. The hotel was on the far north side of the city. In fact, the mediterranean sea was only a hundred hards or so from the front doors. I took a walk with a few other athletes on the beach and despite the hazy air, Spain was visable across the water. The food was a bit different than I'm used to. When visiting Africa, it's always a good idea to avoid drinking the water but it's easy to forget about ice in drinks or eating cold foods that have been washed in tap water and even cut fruit. The meal buffet was full of salads and vegetable dishes but I stuck with the hot stuff. On the last night there was a huge fish as part of the line-up. I'm used to seeing and even eating fish that still have their heads attached but I just couldn't bring myself to peel a taste off of this one. Peering from under some garnish was a ferocious set of teeth. It reminded me of something from the show River Monsters on The Discovery Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment