Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Travel Trouble

I departed Karlstad for Stockholm with tons of time to spare. I planned on getting to the airport early, updating my blog, having a meal, etc. I neglected to double check my itinerary, however, and discovered my mistake while searching for my flight on the monitors. Apparently, there are two airports in Stockholm and I was at the wrong one. I inquired at the nearest information desk and was told that the airport I was supposed to be at was two hours by train from Stockholm. Glancing at my watch, I realized I could make it if I hurried. It was then I was told that Stockholm was 40 minutes from the airport I was at and my hopes dwindled. I knew I had to get to Milan that night because my flight into Tangier left at 6:30 the following morning and there are very few flights in and out of Tangier. I had to purchase a walk-up one-way to Milan and got super lucky with the price (only $160). However, the flight was in to one of the two Milan airports and my next flight left from the other airport, 55 miles away. I arrived in Milan just in time to miss the last train and was forced to take a $210 cab ride to my hotel. After 3 hours of sleep, I was up and off to the airport to catch my next flight. I arrived early but stood in a relatively short line for an hour and made the cut-off time to check baggage by less than a minute. I managed to get to Tangier and immediately fell asleep in the dark, air-conditioned room.

No comments:

Post a Comment