Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Saturday, July 10, 2010

Victoria, BC: Part 2

I only threw 19.55 but still managed to finish second behind Dylan again. There wasn't a lot of energy in the comp and there were lots of interruptions but I definitely should have at least thrown 20m. From Victoria, it took three long days of travel to get to Milan, Italy, the site of my first European meet on the circuit. It took us over 8 hours to get back to seattle from Victoria due to a miscalculation in the need for reservations on the Port Angeles Ferry (shorter time and overall trip length back to Seattle). We ended up having to drive back and take the Vancouver ferry, wait in line for 2 hours at the US border, and crawl through Seattle rush hour traffic in order to get Melinda to SeaTac for her flight out and get the rental car back with literally seconds to spare (narrowly avoiding getting slapped with an additional day charge). A 6:30 am flight will keep me from getting the sleep I'll need to get through the long travel day coming up but I'll manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment