Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Thursday, July 15, 2010

Usti Nad Labem, Czech Republic

My original flight was supposed to be a direct from Lyon, France to Prague but Air France (referred to here as 'Air Chance') cancelled my flight at the last minute so I had to catch an earlier flight that connected in Paris and arrived in Prague even later. I didn't have any trouble making it to Prague and from there it was an hour and a half by car to the accomodations. I tried to get in a quick nap but only lay in bed sweating in the hot, muggy room. I ended up throwing 19.71 (64' 8") in the shot, which is my 2nd best throw in Europe ever. I got 2nd, though, losing to a guy who threw a little over 20m. Discus didn't go that well, I threw 57.95 (190' 1") and got 6th. The winning throw was only 60.90m (199' 9") but I ran out of energy after the shot competition. I'm leaving at 5:30 am for the airport to catch my next flight to Sweden, where I'm throwing in a street meet that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment