Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Saturday, July 10, 2010

Donnas, Italy


New PB in the discus today! 62.88m (206' 3")! I felt tired and sluggish warming up but I was relaxed enough to get into one. The wind conditions here today were near ideal so that didn't hurt :) I left Seattle yesterday at 6:30 am and got in to the hotel here about 3 hours before the discus started. I managed to squeeze in a short nap and a light lunch before having an extra long warm-up to work all the stiffness and soreness from the flight out. I finally hit the Olympic "B" Standard with that throw and there is definitely a lot more there. The trip is off to a great start and I intend on keeping the momentum going as long as possible. I heard from my manager, Jeff, today and I got in to a meet in Tangier, Morrocco on July 18 so I'm looking forward to that. Unfortunately, that means I won't be able to stop in Cologne and drop off some stuff and do laundry between now and when I get back from Africa. I'm headed to Albertville, France tomorrow for the next meet on the 12th. I did get a chance to do a little sightseeing today and the highlight was definitely a bridge that is still standing that was built by the Romans approximately 2100 years ago! It's called Pont Saint Martin. The area we're staying in is very mountainous and the steep hillsides are packed with small vineyards. Part of my prize for getting second today was a bottle of local wine. Maybe I'll get a chance to enjoy it tomorrow :) ---Meet Website --- Results ---


No comments:

Post a Comment