Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life in Koln

There hasn't been a whole lot going on in the past week or so. I've been training two days on and one day off since last Sunday. The days I train go by pretty quickly due to the fact that it's a five or six hour ordeal. If I time the trains right, it's only about a half hour to get from the apartment to the stadium but most days it takes about an hour to get to the facility. The place we train is in a neighboring town called Leverkusen. The training facility is very impressive. They have a full outdoor track, full indoor track, complete weightroom, and additional throwing fields. The indoor facility is roomy and full of training equipment, throwing areas, nets, jumping and vaulting areas, etc. All in all, I have about eight or nine shot rings to throw from and three or four discus rings as well. The weightroom is well designed, clean, and hardly in use. I really like training there. My last two training sessions have been pretty good and I'm excited to compete again. I've never really had access to these kinds of facilities in Europe before and I think staying over here and continuing to train will pay off. On Monday (my birthday), Kara and I head to Tallinn, Estonia for a meet on the 3rd. I hope to set a new European PB there (anything over 19.91m).
Last night, we met some friends at the only English theater in Koln and watched the new movie Inception. The German theater experience is a little different from the American equivalent. For starters, the place is packed and there is a lot of pushing, shoving, and cutting in line involved just to get a ticket. Once you get in, it's a mad-house as everyone jockeys for seats and saves them for friends. Pretty much the only pros were that the movie was awesome and they sell beer at the theater...

No comments:

Post a Comment