Welcome!

I've created this page to enable my friends and family to keep track of my training and competitions. Most of my posts will be related to training, traveling, and competing but I'll put in other interesting things as they occur. Look for new posts, pictures, and video at least once a week!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Budget Airlines

Europe is full of so-called budget airlines. They should be called either you-get-what-you-pay-for or screaming-baby airlines. I flew Ryanair from Milan to Tangier and I've never heard so much mini mayhem in my life. On the 2 hour flight, not 30 seconds went by without a scream piercing the air. The take-off was a little rough and every time we hit a bump, a little girl sitting across from me shrieked like she was being pulled apart by rabid tigers. It was so loud and so shrill, I was beyond being annoyed and I couldn't help but laugh. I got some dirty looks from other passengers. Which is fine because I can't go anywhere without people staring at me anyway. I don't get it. I can't wait to get back to the States where people mind their own business.

2 comments:

  1. Russ,

    I am thoroughly enjoying your blogs, both because they are funny (i.e. this blog) and because I like to know how you are doing. You are competing a lot, but getting great experience. It will be good for you to have some time with the lady and time to rest. Keep it up. You and I both know that you have what it takes to be one of the best. I don't care how tired you feel.

    Tell Kara I said hello,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ: Oh great, I always end up sitting next to a damn baby.

    Baby: What? What'd you just say!? Hey big man turn around. (smack!) If you got something to say, say it to my face. Oh, you can't hear me now. Alright, that's it, I was going to watch the movie but you can forget it. For the next 5 hours you're my bitch. Waaaaaa, my ears are popping and there is no way to console me. I'm hungry and possibly teething. Maybe I'm wet, who knows, I'm a baby. Waaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete